Chickpea And Quinoa Burgers2013-07-18
- Yield : Makes 4 medium patties (you could easily double this recipe)
- Servings : 1 - 2
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
These chickpea and quinoa burgers provide a high protein hit, perfect for a vegan diet, are really easy to throw make, can be frozen for later use and could be dressed up in a large amount of ways. Perfect for super quick and easy lunches or suppers, when I get home late from the gym.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked mashed chickpeas
- 1 small onion or half a leek- finely chopped
- 1 rounded tbs ground chia or flax seed
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs fresh basil- chopped (or 1tsp dried)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbs potato starch/tapioca flour (other starches should also work)
- 1 tbs mild oil for frying
Dry fry the dried spices for approx. 2 minutes until the aromas are released.
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Chill the mixture for approx. 30-60mins to allow to firm up and marinade
Uisng your hands, form patties approx. 1.5-2cm thick and fry for approx. 5 minutes on each side. To omit most of the oil, you could coat the outside in a very light covering of oil and bake them for approx. 15 minutes until golden (note: I haven’t yet tested this method)
Recipe was provided by Including Cake!.
View original recipe here http://www.includingcake.com/home/cludingcake.com/2012/03/quinoa-and-chickpea-burgers.html